When your son or daughter is ready to move to senior school, you will find that our preparation for examinations is very thorough. Our close relationships with the selective schools in and around the area are very useful, as we are very familiar with their entrance procedures and requirements.
Nearly all of our pupils obtain places at either their first choice senior school at the end of Year 6. Alongside our rigorous tailor-made curriculum, specific preparation for 11+ entrance examinations includes:
- Practising verbal and non-verbal reasoning throughout Years 3 to 6
- Practising sample papers in English and Maths during Years 5 and 6
- Holding individual parents evenings at the end of Year 5 to discuss which schools to apply for and to advise about application procedures
- Development of interviewing skills and attending mock interviews with senior Oak-Tree staff
- Organising scholarship preparation in small groups
Parents are consulted regularly and involved fully with the Headmistress and class teachers to assess which senior school options might be the most appropriate for your child. Not all senior schools are right for every pupil so it is important that a child attends the school that is most suited for his or her needs. We work very closely with parents to ensure this is achieved, leading to a smooth transition to the next education stage.
11+ Offers 2021
These are the offers for our 2021 Year 6 classes of 16 pupils.
- 2 pupils offered a place at Bancroft’s School
- 2 pupils offered a place at Chigwell School
- 5 pupils offered a place at Forest School
- 4 pupils offered a place at Braeside School
- 8 pupils offered a place at Normanhurst School
- 4 pupils offered a place at St Edmunds
- 5 pupils offered a place at Brentwood School
Previous Years’ Results
|Chingford Foundation School||Chigwell||Brentwood|
|Normanhurst School||St Aubyn’s||Haileybury|
|St Edmunds College||St Edmund’s||New Hall|
|Trinity Catholic High School||Normanhurst|
|Royal Masonic School for Girls|