When your son or daughter is ready to move to senior school, you will find that our preparation for examinations is very thorough. Our close relationships with the selective schools in and around the area are very useful, as we are very familiar with their entrance procedures and requirements.
Nearly all of our pupils obtain places at either their first choice senior school at the end of Year 6. Alongside our rigorous tailor-made curriculum, specific preparation for 11+ entrance examinations includes:
- Practising verbal and non-verbal reasoning throughout Years 3 to 6
- Practising sample papers in English and Maths during Years 5 and 6
- Holding individual parents evenings at the end of Year 5 to discuss which schools to apply for and to advise about application procedures
- Holding mock interviews with the Headmistress
- Organising scholarship preparation in small groups
Parents are consulted regularly and involved fully with the Headmistress and class teachers to assess which senior school options might be the most appropriate for your child. Not all senior schools are right for every pupil so it is important that a child attends the school that is most suited for his or her needs. We work very closely with parents to ensure this is achieved, leading to a smooth transition to the next education stage.
11+ Offers 2020
These are the offers for our current Year 6 classes of 26 pupils.
- 5 pupils offered a place at Bancrofts
- 2 pupils offered a place at Braeside (1 with scholarship)
- 1 pupil offered a place at Brentwood
- 8 pupils offered a place at Chigwell
- 6 pupils offered a place at Forest
- 13 pupils offered a place at Normanhurst
- 7 pupils offered a place at St Edmunds
- 1 pupil offered a place at Woodford County High School For Girls
Previous Years’ Results
|Braeside||Bishop Stortford||Bishop Stortford|
|St Edmund’s||New Hall||Normanhurst|
|Royal Masonic School for Girls||St John’s|