Well done to Year 5Z for leading our KS1 and KS2 Assembly linked to Mental Health week! You were all brilliant actors, and we loved learning about different strategies for dealing with stress.
Here are a few of the key takeaways from your assembly:
- Talk to someone you trust. If you’re feeling stressed, it’s important to talk to a parent, teacher, or other trusted adult. They can offer support and advice, and they can help you to develop coping mechanisms.
- Take breaks. When you’re feeling overwhelmed, it’s important to take a break from whatever is causing you stress. Go for a walk, listen to music, or do something else that you enjoy.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential for good mental and physical health. When you’re well-rested, you’re better able to cope with stress.
- Eat a healthy diet. Eating nutritious foods gives you the energy you need to deal with stress. Avoid processed foods and sugary drinks, and focus on eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your mood. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
Thank you again, Year 5Z, for a great assembly! We’re so proud of you all.